Will the aftermarket be kind to it? - Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will the aftermarket be kind to it?

3 of my 5 vehicles have a performance exhaust, and that single mod has made each one of them a better performer, and much more enjoyable to me. Although the CRZ is coming into this world as a hybrid, I'm not interested in it because of that, I'm interested in it for its shape, as in it looks to me like a Gen 3 CRX. Mine will not run around in Econ mode 90% of the time, mine will run around in Sport mode 90% of the time and I have every intention to beat on it just like I beat on my other toys.

Will companies make things like a performance exhaust so the noise from the 1.3 will have some degree of excitement to it?

Will it be fortunate enough to be tricked out at SEMA someday?

What aftermarket goodies would you like to add to it?

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Onehots2k

Default Re: Will the aftermarket be kind to it?

You pose very valid questions H. My unscientific answer would be YES. It is after all a Honda. Its the company that single-handedly gave birth to the whole "import scene'' in the 1990's. I mean sure they had help, but the civic and the like were the absolute epitome.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm encouraged by your reply!

I can see myself going with very few mods
- exhaust that sounds nice
- powdercoat the OEM wheels

Old 01-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
hargert

Also given the amount of electronics that will effect how it runs I would bet that there will be a performace "mod chip" for the computer the give the max performance and mpg and carbon footprint be damned!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

I can see it now.. a catalog full of HFP goodies. Honda knows this kinda thing gets the kids excited.

imo honda will sell the crz with little left to improve (in the performance area) just like all their sports cars. If you stay within the honda crz idea (green, hi mpg, fun to drive) there wouldn't be anything for the aftermarket to do.

If you want a monster of a car with the crz body then I'm sure aftermarket will be there for you.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
hargert

Depending on how much room there is in the engine compartment I am sure someone will drop a v6 in there and a manual trany. Of course that is more of a extreme case and not what most aftermarket mods will do. I see a lot of cosmetic mods and minor performance. The only other area is as I said you are willing to get rid of some of the "green" factor and go for performance by modding with computer on when to use boost/assist from the electric engine and to keep the gas engine running all the time to keep the batteries charged. Of course I am sure doing that would void your battery warranty.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
HR

Well that's some good marketing of course lol, "hey guys buy these aftermarket kits and you'll look cool" "HAHA but your MPG loving great performance will be severely damaged (says under breathe)"...."but you'll look good"
HR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

I for one will be driving mine for fun, not for economy!
I can see it being in sport mode ALL the time...

Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm hoping that the CRZ will start a new Hybrid Hopup craze I can see my CRZ now, upgraded batteries, more powerful electric motor, perhaps an advanced chip or programming mod that would let you choose from ultra economy to ultra performance with a flick of a switch... ahhh the Power of Dreams
Scott Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Onehots2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Si
I'm hoping that the CRZ will start a new Hybrid Hopup craze I can see my CRZ now, upgraded batteries, more powerful electric motor, perhaps an advanced chip or programming mod that would let you choose from ultra economy to ultra performance with a flick of a switch... ahhh the Power of Dreams

I'm getting a visual Scott. What color!??!?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in