back-up camera - Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default back-up camera

I've read in other forums that the CR-Z has pretty poor rear visibility. I'm curious if the navigation system is available in other markets with a backup camera.
This seems like an obvious (although probably expensive) fix.

I know there are aftermarket units that would work, but especially in a new vehicle, I'd prefer OEM if available.
379KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: back-up camera

It seems Honda really missed the boat on this one! Our CR-V has the back-up camera, it's very helpful, and visibility is good in it! I can't believe they left off the back-up camera in both the Insight and the CR-Z! It should at least be an option! I know it comes in realy handy in my Prius, which shares the same visibility limitations as the Insight and CR-Z...
2007 Fit Sport (34 mpg)
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Honda is trying to keep the price down for the poor folks. You are lucky it even has nav as an option. Now you want a backup camera, then someone else will want a self parking car, then someone will want a self driving car, and so on.

Besides, who needs it? If you drive carefully you won't need this crap. How did people drive without these things 7-8 yrs ago??

Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think I'm a safe driver, and I have never had a back-up camera in any vehicle I have driven which are many in almost 40 years of driving. But I sure wished the Z had one, maybe it will be a upcoming mod...
95 cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Have you made any inquiries as to whether or not the OEM Nav in the CR-Z has a video in jack? The Nav looks identical to the one in my wife's CR-V and it has the back-up camera (and less blind spots than the CR-Z). Amazon.com sells several different Honda OEM cameras (CR-V, Accord, Pilot, etc), and I'm sure one could be mounted to the rear of the CR-Z and look OEM, if the Nav has a video input. I ended up purchasing a Prius (only because I was able to get one w/Nav for $3K less than the CR-Z w/Nav), and the back-up camera is a welcome addition! Hopefully, the 2012's will have a back-up camera as standard equipment with the Nav option, like on the CR-V.
2007 Fit Sport (34 mpg)
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

No Navi on mine, but it seems the more you drive it, you get use to the rearward visability issue. Adj. the sideview mirrors a bit more out seems to help alot.
95 cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in