Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com

Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com (https://www.crz-craze.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engine, IMA System & Transmission (https://www.crz-craze.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   HP and TQ output? (https://www.crz-craze.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20)

BringBackPrelude 01-26-2009 08:53 PM

HP and TQ output?

Any ideas fellas?

Onehots2k 01-26-2009 09:27 PM

Re: HP and TQ output?

Take it as you wish:

Quote:

Japan’s grapevine is convinced it knows what’s under the hood of Honda’s upcoming CR-Z sports coupe.

As displayed at the Tokyo Show, Honda would only say the CR-Z – which will be both a new CR-X and replacement for the Insight – had a gas/electric hybrid powertrain.

But the scoop meisters predict the CR-Z will run with a ramped up version of the 1.3-liter + IMA set-up in the Civic hybrid, delivering both 118 horsepower and 268 pound-feet of torque.

Economy is expected to be in the 66 mpg ballpark and the car on sale price around ¥2.5 million, say $22,000, or thereabouts. So how do those numbers work for you?
http://www.nextautos.com/car-buying/...2%80%99s-cr-z/

Rumors are saying the car will have a more aggressive version of the current Insight's motor.

The 2010 Insight's motor provides a total output of 98 hp at 5800 rpm and maximum torque of 123 lb-ft at 1000 rpm.

I can buy them bumping it from 98HP to 118HP. I mean thats about Honda FIT territory. No biggie. The torque is what makes me question logic. 268lb of torque??? Its quite a leap from the 123lb tq in the Insight. We'll see just how acurate they were. The car will MOVE with that much torque as its light and should be available almost instantly. I could totally buy them bumping the hp from 98HP to 118HP.

Scott Si 01-26-2009 11:45 PM

Hi all:

My first post here :) I am really looking forward to this car. Though the rumor of 118 hp seems more plausible, I'm still hoping the hp will be closer to this article:

http://www.motorauthority.com/honda-...000-plans.html

;D

PunStc 01-27-2009 12:50 AM

118 sounds about right for it being a sporty hybrid, just maybe they'll be able to push out some more while keeping fuel efficiency high but 250?? That would blow my mind...we can all dream for that but I doubt it's going to happen.

Triple-H 01-27-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onehots2k
The 2010 Insight's motor provides a total output of 98 hp at 5800 rpm and maximum torque of 123 lb-ft at 1000 rpm.

I can buy them bumping it from 98HP to 118HP. I mean thats about Honda FIT territory. No biggie. The torque is what makes me question logic. 268lb of torque??? Its quite a leap from the 123lb tq in the Insight. We'll see just how acurate they were. The car will MOVE with that much torque as its light and should be available almost instantly. I could totally buy them bumping the hp from 98HP to 118HP. [/color]

First off, that torque number is something I think about all the time, and I sure as heck hope it is true!

I believe the answer lies here - IMA. Integrated Motor Assist.

Yes, 268 ft-lbs is huge, the BMW E36 M3 with that ever so smooth 3.2 ltr. in-line 6 was rated at about 262 ft-lbs. Think about it, they are saying the little CR-Z would have 6 more foot pounds than that monster. How in the **** could that be???

Motors boyz motors. Electric motors not only generate huge torque numbers from relatively small sizes, but they produce torque totally unlike a gas engine. Electric motors produce nearly every bit of their max rating as soon as you turn it on. You don't have to get the rpm's up to get torque, you just have to turn it on. Therefore, if this 113 hp and 268 ft-lbs is true, this could be one quick little car, not a fast car capable of running triple digits, but a quick car that is able to dart from signal light to signal light, which would be fine with me, as it will be a commuter car for me, not a track car.

Something more to dream about. 8)

Onehots2k 01-27-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunStc
118 sounds about right for it being a sporty hybrid, just maybe they'll be able to push out some more while keeping fuel efficiency high but 250?? That would blow my mind...we can all dream for that but I doubt it's going to happen.

I dont think anyone ever said 250hp. You'd be right, that is not going to happen. They meant torque. It would honestly have the characteristics of a diesel. Its going to be a blast and easy to drive around with 118hp/ 268lb tq.

EDIT: I saw that article. That is bogus. NO WAY NO HOW....lol

Onehots2k 01-27-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onehots2k

I can buy them bumping it from 98HP to 118HP. I mean thats about Honda FIT territory. No biggie. The torque is what makes me question logic. 268lb of torque??? Its quite a leap from the 123lb tq in the Insight. We'll see just how acurate they were. The car will MOVE with that much torque as its light and should be available almost instantly. I could totally buy them bumping the hp from 98HP to 118HP. [/color]

First off, that torque number is something I think about all the time, and I sure as heck hope it is true!

I believe the answer lies here - IMA. Integrated Motor Assist.

Yes, 268 ft-lbs is huge, the BMW E36 M3 with that ever so smooth 3.2 ltr. in-line 6 was rated at about 262 ft-lbs. Think about it, they are saying the little CR-Z would have 6 more foot pounds than that monster. How in the **** could that be???

Motors boyz motors. Electric motors not only generate huge torque numbers from relatively small sizes, but they produce torque totally unlike a gas engine. Electric motors produce nearly every bit of their max rating as soon as you turn it on. You don't have to get the rpm's up to get torque, you just have to turn it on. Therefore, if this 113 hp and 268 ft-lbs is true, this could be one quick little car, not a fast car capable of running triple digits, but a quick car that is able to dart from signal light to signal light, which would be fine with me, as it will be a commuter car for me, not a track car.

Something more to dream about. 8)

You're right H. It is something to dream about. I'm not really saying it cant be done. But the question is would our ''oh so conservative" Honda do it?!?!?! The E36 M3 would be about 400lb heavier than a CR-Z at least!

hargert 01-27-2009 09:56 AM

I think the only way you could reach those torque numbers is if they went with a purely electric motor to power the drivetrain and the gas for just charging the batteries. The advantages of the electric motor is you get all the torgue from when you turn it on. If they are going with the IMA system from the Insight I can't see anyway they could get there without completely killing the MPG. No way way you can go from 123 lb-ft to 250+ without a huge bump in either the motors, that of course would add to either weight/cost or most likely both.

Triple-H 01-27-2009 11:30 AM

Ain't this fun, it's all the rumor mill right now, and yes, I'm going to continue to dream of 268 foot pounds.
;D

BringBackPrelude 01-27-2009 09:39 PM

Lets all dream. ::)