HP and TQ output? - Page 3 - Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
hargert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

While the added power from diesel would give it a little more power I don’t think it would sell more to the masses. The truth is other then trucks diesel does not sell the numbers that plain old gas does.

I am hoping that the CRZ will get a performance enhanced IMA boost well over what any of the current hybrids have. With the ability of the boost to add torque at any RPM you could build a insanely fun car to drive with lots of response at any speed all the way up to the max. That is something that no standard car can offer, you always have to keep an eye on RPM and keeping the sweet spot.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Onehots2k
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargert
While the added power from diesel would give it a little more power I don’t think it would sell more to the masses. The truth is other then trucks diesel does not sell the numbers that plain old gas does.

I am hoping that the CRZ will get a performance enhanced IMA boost well over what any of the current hybrids have. With the ability of the boost to add torque at any RPM you could build a insanely fun car to drive with lots of response at any speed all the way up to the max. That is something that no standard car can offer, you always have to keep an eye on RPM and keeping the sweet spot.


If the hp tq output rumored numbers are correct, it seems we'll have a diesel like ride.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 185
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

Diesel in the usa will become more popular as vw, MB and honda (?) start to sell their new cars. But I also do not think it will blow up like hybrids did.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hargert
While the added power from diesel would give it a little more power I don’t think it would sell more to the masses. The truth is other then trucks diesel does not sell the numbers that plain old gas does.

I am hoping that the CRZ will get a performance enhanced IMA boost well over what any of the current hybrids have. With the ability of the boost to add torque at any RPM you could build a insanely fun car to drive with lots of response at any speed all the way up to the max. That is something that no standard car can offer, you always have to keep an eye on RPM and keeping the sweet spot.


__________________
"It must be fun to drive, must remind you of the original CRX....and a manual gearbox will be offered....but we are Honda! WE MUST HAVE MANUAL!"
                                        -Unknown Honda CRZ Designer
crz1nsider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

I wouldnt mind a diesel at all. I almost went with the Jetta TDI over my GTI.
S Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 232
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz1nsider
Diesel in the usa will become more popular as vw, MB and honda (?) start to sell their new cars. But I also do not think it will blow up like hybrids did.
Diesel also is not as widely available as some people seem to think it is. I do a LOT of driving in the backwood areas of NYS, and when shopping for a truck to tow with I quickly decided, as powerful and nice as diesels are, they are kind of worthless if ya can't find fuel to put in them...



__________________
Triple-H  •  HOOD'S HELLACIOUS HONDA
Triple-H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Onehots2k
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Tanaka
I wouldnt mind a diesel at all. I almost went with the Jetta TDI over my GTI.
True. It seems to me like those TDI's get lower and lower every year. The problem is they keep adding power. Its **** near impossible to add power and efficiency in any type of fuel powered motor.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

So I did a little research on the diesel Jettas earlier. They have 140hp and 238lb torque. Motortrend says the CR-Z will have 140hp. If that 268lb torque rumor is true, that would be awesome.
S Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Onehots2k
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Tanaka
So I did a little research on the diesel Jettas earlier. They have 140hp and 238lb torque. Motortrend says the CR-Z will have 140hp. If that 268lb torque rumor is true, that would be awesome.
Wow..look at you! The one question that remains for me is the torque number? It dosent have to be 268lb tq to move. At 2800lb its still going to weight about 400lb+ less than a Jetta.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
hargert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

That is true if we can just get close to those torque numbers I will be pleased as a cat with a bag full of fat lame mice.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 232
Default Re: HP and TQ output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargert
That is true if we can just get close to those torque numbers I will be pleased as a cat with a bag full of fat lame mice.
What a great line...

Here is The Man I live with






__________________
Triple-H  •  HOOD'S HELLACIOUS HONDA
Triple-H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.