high mpg + performance driving = CRZ - Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default high mpg + performance driving = CRZ

With gas prices so unstable and beyond our control, I am so that people still want bigger gasoline engines with big hp .

I like the CRZ because it is a real sport car that will get awesome mpg.

My question is: why are CRZ fans asking for an old fashion sports car (CRZ with a bigger gasoline engine).

This CRZ is supposed to be a new direction for car nuts like me. Am I right?

HAVE PEOPLE FORGOTTEN WHAT HAPPENED with gas prices a few months ago? IT seems like it >.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: high mpg + performance driving = CRZ

I wouldn't mind a bigger motor (1.8 or 2.0). You can still get great mpg with those motors as long as the weight is kept down. Looks like weight will be a big issue with the CRZ. My type-s (2.0) will get about 33-34 highway(AC off). So a 1.5 or 1.8 with a couple hundred lbs chopped off should get around 40-45 range I'd be happy with that but thats me.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Onehots2k

I'm with you CRZ1nsider. It will definitely be different and hopefully in a good way. Its pretty sad how cheap gas erases everyone's memory.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz1nsider
With gas prices so unstable and beyond our control, I am so that people still want bigger gasoline engines with big hp .
A 2.0 L engine is not big. With a DOHC and driven in a conservative fashion it returns great gas mileage(more so in a lighter package). Dont think anyone's asked for anything bigger than that on here, certainly not a V-6 :P
aashish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
hargert

I agree with aashish a 2.0 is not big, I think people just want a option for those who are looking for more performance. I think the best case would be 2 different engine options 1 for those who want a sporty looking hybrid that gets great MPG and a option that gives more performance and lower MPG. That way people can choose what is important to them.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

^^ spot on Hargert. The CRX had several variants and the Si version still returned around 43-45 MPG in everyday driving.

One of the other reasons I want Honda to have a version that is more performance oriented is so it can rightly compete against the Mini Cooper et al on track. I took my Si on track once and most people were amazed seeing that I'd brought a Honda to race alongside M3's and other powerful cars. It was only the veteran track junkies though that were respectful of my car as they either had started in tiny Civic's/CRX's or had raced along other such cars. Honda's Si cars are very well built for the track and it pains me when I see that most kids that buy them just drive em for the show. To me the fun in Honda's is that they offer the most bang for my very few bucks around corners.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

To me handling is much more important than a lot of hp (top speed). Electric motors have plenty of go at the low end.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

most people were amazed seeing that I'd brought a Honda to race alongside M3's and other powerful cars. It was only the veteran track junkies though that were respectful of my car as they either had started in tiny Civic's/CRX's or had raced along other such cars..... To me the fun in Honda's is that they offer the most bang for my very few bucks around corners.
[/quote]

ONLY real drivers know, there is MUCH more to a sport car than looks and a big engine.

HONDA= sporty cars with good value

Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

^^ I hope Honda makes the car reasonably competitive. I was able to keep the Mini's at bay with my Si all through and in the rain I gotta pass all the bigger, powerful cars that slowed down. What did I care, my car did not have wheel twisting power therefore I was driving pedal to the metal through the rain and watching the looks of astonishment on people's faces as they wondered why I was driving that way

I want similar if not better performance from the CRZ. Understandably power and acceleration may be on par or slightly lower than the Si (which is OK), but if handling is vastly better then perhaps I'll be able to lap faster than I normally do in my 2945 pound Si.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

CRZ Cars.........
This car may make sense for Japan, but for the U.S.A, I find really no compelling reason for paying over $25,000 for a two seat hybrid that is bascially all show and no go. It is a given that this car's powertrain is sadly lacking(I mean seriously, my 10 year old minivan will embarrass the CR-Z in acceleration and so will most of the cars on the road today. To quote one test driver,' as you run the engine out to redline, the noise is great but not matched by much forward progress;...There isn't the low-end torque you'd expect from an electrically assisted drivetrain." This car would have been a much better car without the hybrid system--besides making the car slow, heavier,and more expensive, the engine stop/start feature will sometime cut/off the engine while coasting. As for the supposed superb handling, another review stated, 'there's lots of body roll in the corners...but the Cr-Z is far from the most agile small coupe around-a Mini or a BMW 1 series would leave it for dead on a twisting road."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orion55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sport Car Forums - CRZ–Craze.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in